- This event has passed.
Building Independence: The Road Map for Teaching Life skills (Penticton)
November 6, 2018 @ 10:30 am - 2:30 pm
We are pleased to announce the Capacity Building Sessions for Support Network Members! This is part of CLBC’s ongoing goal of increasing capacity in the region by supporting local service providers to expand the skills and knowledge to provide for the behaviour support needs of individuals with difficult and serious behaviour challenges (as defined in CLBC Policy Document). These free sessions are open to family members, caregivers and support staff.
• How to capitalize on the skills person served already has
• To prioritize and identify socially significant skills to teach
• To break down a complex task into teachable units
• Effective teaching strategies
• To motivate an individual to participate and learn daily living skills
• To identify the level of support needed to complete the task and steps to gradually move towards independence
Due to limited spaces, registration is required.
To register, please call toll‐free 1‐855‐437‐7095 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
RSVP Deadline 29 October 2018